Is The Chevy Volt The World’s Best New Electric Car?
How exceptional is the new Chevy Volt? Will it attract a larger audience than its predecessor?
The next generation Volt is a much improved car in so many ways:
- More electric-only drive (53 miles)
- Total miles reported at 420
- Added seating (compact middle-rear seat)
- Increased low-end torque
- User-friendly cabin layout
- Wi-fi hotspot
- 10 airbags
- Reverse camera
- Improved regenerative braking system
- Improved structural protection for battery packs
- Forward collision warning system with emergency braking (optional)
- Lane departure warning (optional)
- Rear cross traffic alert (optional)
It seems Chevy has made tremendous strides with the new 2016 Volt and NY Daily News Autos seems to think that the new Volt is so exceptional that it openly wonders and explores this question in a recent article:
“Does the world’s best green car wear a Chevy bowtie?!?”
The review concludes with this:
“The electric driving range alone rivals the total range offered by some of today’s EVs. Meanwhile, the price and functionality of the Volt make a compelling case for stopping the SUV and crossover mania in its tracks, before it wreaks havoc across the entire automotive world. Cars can be fun, even when they don’t have a gazillion horsepower.”
“Chevrolet got it very, very right with the 2016 Volt. Now, all the brand needs is for people to finally sit up and take notice.”
To read the full review, check out NY Daily News Autos at the source link below.
Source: NY Daily News