How Far Can You Drive With The BMW i3? Range Explained – Video
BMW released interesting video explaining the range of its i3.
The base, all-electric 22 kWh version is rated at 81 miles (130 km) of real world/EPA range, while the i3 REx offers 72 miles (116 km) prior to a gasoline Range Extender kicking in (extending the total range to some 150 miles / 240 km).
As BMW will offer a 33 kWh battery pack option later this year (for only ~$1,200 more), the company is careful to not articulate the all-electric range in the spot…however the new battery should translate to range of 114 miles all-electric miles (183 km).
Range: How far can you drive with the BMW i3 ? Explained by BMW i3 driver Steve.
Steve from Seattle has been one of our BMW i3 drivers since March 2015. So he was born electric in March 2015. As one of the “Born Electrics” he explains to you all there is to know about the range of the BMW i3.
– What influence does the weather have on the electric range?
– How does the BMW i3 heat and cool the interior and battery?
– How does Preconditioning work and what is the advantage of it?
– What is the Range Extender and how does it work?
– And lastly he explains how the Dynamic Range Map and the Range Assistant help to always know how far you can go in your current driving style.