Georgia Power Opens 11 New EV Charging Islands
Georgia Power launched on October 1st its first wave of 11 EV charging islands.
In about a year, Georgia Power intends to have 61 such charging stations, each with DC fast charger (equipped with CHADeMO/SAE combo plugs) and a Level 2 208/240-volt AC station.
DC fast charger is available from $4.95 (for the first 20 minutes) and 25 cents per each additional minute.
AC charging is available from $1 per hour fee for the first three hours and 10 cents per each additional minute.
“The new charging islands, located at Georgia Power properties across the state, mark the completion of the first phase of planned charging infrastructure being developed by the company which will include approximately 61 community charging islands for public use statewide by the end of 2016.”
“Georgia Power is committed to assisting customers with their EV energy needs and advancing Georgia as an EV-friendly state. In addition to developing public charging infrastructure, the company offers EV charger rebates for business and residential customers and a special rate for EV customers. The company also recently rolled out dozens of plug-in electric hybrid vehicles as part of its statewide fleet and supports public engagement annual events such as the Alternative Fuel Vehicle (AFV) Roadshow and National Drive Electric Week. To learn more about driving electric with Georgia Power, visit www.GeorgiaPower.com/EV.”
- (Atlanta) Georgia Power Headquarters – 241 Ralph McGill Blvd., NE
- (Dunwoody) Georgia Power Customer Resource Center – 4404 North Shallowford Rd.
- (Duluth) Duluth Operating Center – 3825 Rogers Bridge Rd.
- (Lilburn) Lilburn Business Office – 6434 Lawrenceville Highway
- (Lawrenceville) Lawrenceville Business Office – 1453 Highway 120
- (Athens) Northeast Region Office – 1001 Prince Ave.
- (Augusta) Augusta Customer Service Center – 1607 Walton Way
- (Savannah) South Abercorn Customer Resource Center – 12016 Abercorn St.
- (Alpharetta) North Fulton Business Office – 11675 Wills Rd.
- (Lithonia) Metro East Region Office – 5215 Minola Dr.
- (Smyrna) Smyrna Business Office – 1088 Concord Rd., SE
How to access?
“The charging islands accept either a new Georgia Power Card, powered by ChargePoint and available at GeorgiaPower.ChargePoint.com, or an existing ChargePoint card. Charging using the DC fast charger includes a $4.95 activation fee for the first 20 minutes of charging and 25 cents per each additional minute. Charging using the Level 2 chargers includes a $1 per hour fee for the first three hours and 10 cents per each additional minute.”