Ford Launches Smartwatch Apps For Plug-Ins
Ford has launched smartwatch apps for its plug-in cars (Focus Electric, C-MAX Energi and Fusion Energi) for both Apple and Android.
This solution was developed to complement the MyFord Mobile platform for Android and Apple smartphones.
The app enables one to check battery state of charge, determine range, set preconditioning and more from the wrist:
- Range and charge status for battery electric and plug-in hybrid vehicles
- Capability to initiate preconditioning of vehicle cabin remotel
- Locking/unlocking capability
- Vehicle mileage summary
- Last trip summary includes personal driving score, percentage of electric vehicle miles
- Vehicle location provides walking or driving directions back to your parked car
David Hatton, Ford manager, Connected Vehicles and Services said:
“The app gives drivers the ability to quickly check important data like available range before leaving on a journey – without having to access the mobile application on their smartphone. The app can also notify users when their car is fully charged, helping a driver be courteous to other electric vehicle owners so they can free up the charging spot or avoid fees applied at some charging stations when you overrun your time after the charge is complete.”
No word on how Tesla CEO Elon Musk feels about it yet though.