Focus Magazine Reviews Volkswagen e-Up! – Video
“This year, the Formula E championships will see battery-powered cars tear their way around some of the world’s biggest cities. With the series well under way, Focus decided to see what the current crop of electric cars can do for day-to-day motorists. Next up: the Volkswagen e-up!”
States the video description.
If you live in Europe and are looking for an affordable city electric vehicle, then perhaps the Volkswagen e-Up! is for you. (No sales pitch intended)
Focus Magazine reviews the e-Up! and as mentioned, it’s appearance is basically the same as the gas version. The only notable differences on the outside would be the aero-like wheels and the charge port..
Here are a few specs on the e-Up!:
- 81 hp.
- 155 lb ft
- 18.7kWh lithium ion battery pack.
- Claimed range of up to 93 miles (rated at 160 km/99 miles on NEDC-which translate to about 65 on the US-EPA scale).
- Full recharge in 6 hours.
- Optional CCS fast charger.
- Top speed of 81 mph.
- 0 to 62 in 12.4 seconds.
- Warranty on battery pack is eight years or 100,000 miles, whichever comes first.
Unfortunately, the e-Up! is not available in America and likely will never be offered here.