Elon Musk: Tesla To Unveil “Unexpected” Product October 17
Tesla CEO Elon Musk has once again taken to Twitter to tease us with a surprise product launch scheduled for next week.
Besides re-promoting the joint Tesla-Solar city coming product announcement (involving the debut of the new Powerwall 2.0 battery (think 2170 cells) that will combined with a new Tesla/Solar City solar roof product – details), Musk said that another unveiling specific to Tesla will be held on Monday, October 17th, and will be “unexpected by most“
Additional to these events, Tesla will also report 3rd quarter earning on Wednesday, October 26th – so the second half of October is going to be a busy time for the CEO.
As for what the “unexpected” product reveal could be, here are some suggestions:
- Tesla Model 3 – further details, new trims or option levels announced
- Autopilot 2.0 news
- Tesla Model 3 – “pencil’s down“/production-intent reveal
- 100D release/stats for Model S and Model X
- Tesla Model Y news – small SUV/CUV, perhaps explaining the reason for the recent removal of the base Model X P60D trim level
- more details on future semi-truck or van project foreshadowed in Tesla’s Master Plan, Part Deux
But then again, maybe it will be something else altogether?