Electrifying Mini Superleggera Vision Concept: Real World Photos
At the 2014 Concourse d’Elegance at Villa d’Este, MINI unveiled a new concept, Superleggera Vision.
This exclusive interpretation of an open-top two-seater was created by MINI and Touring Superleggera, the tradition-steeped design and coach building house based in Milan. The MINI Superleggera™ Vision is on the one hand a classic roadster, a compact and agile two-seater, expressing the most minimalist and emotional style of motoring; and on the other hand its electric drivetrain gives the car distinctly modern driving dynamics.
In collaboration with MINI, Touring Superleggera™ has designed and built an elaborately crafted, unique model which blends the tradition of classic coachwork construction with the MINI’s authentic British styling to create timeless aesthetic appeal.
*Editor’s Note: This post originally appeared on BMWBLOG. Check it out by clicking here.
Here are the highlights with full details at this link:
- Modern Britishness meets Italian flair: the iconic design of MINI meets elegant, athletic beauty – interpreted in contemporary style.
- Classic Italian body construction and hand-shaped metal sheeting give the MINI SuperleggeraTM Vision a unique emotional appeal.
- Both on the inside and outside, the form is reduced to the maximum extent so as to achieve a clear focus on the distinctive driving experience.
- The interior reflects traditional coachwork construction in terms of materials and styling, combined with the icons of MINI interior design.
- High-end materials such as leather, aluminium and black chrome highlight the clear aesthetics of the interior.