ChargePoint Expands Its European Charging Network


ChargePoint has recently introduced solutions for every charging need in Europe – the second-largest global EV market, using a $125 million Series G investment from Siemens and Daimler.

These solutions include charging stations for home, work, around town, and long distance travel.

While the DC chargers in play for Europe are similar to those in North America (only CCS Combo 2 replaces CCS Combo 1), the AC in Europe will be with Type 2 plug (or socket) for singe and three-phase, up to 22 kW.

“To develop the charging solutions that the market needed, ChargePoint drew on years of experience serving EV drivers and station owners, as well as market research from across multiple countries in Europe. By supporting single-phase and three-phase power, cable attached and cable managed stations as well as socketed stations for Type 1 and Type 2 vehicles, ChargePoint’s complete suite of solutions enables a superior charging experience for EV drivers and simplifies charging management for station owners.

ChargePoint Home meets the charging needs of EV drivers who live in single-family homes or have their own garage or dedicated parking space. ChargePoint Home makes it easy for drivers to manage charging in the ChargePoint mobile app, which can monitor energy usage as well as schedule, start or stop charging sessions.

The CP4100 Type 2 socketed AC charging station and CP4300 Type 2 cable attached AC station offer charging for businesses, multi-family residences and fleets. The CP4500 socketed AC charging stations are equipped with local grid connections to allow for direct connection to the grid for public charging hubs. For EV drivers on long trips or in need of quick chargers, the ChargePoint Express 250 and Express Plus DC ultra-fast charging stations support CHAdeMO, CCS2, CCS1 and GB/T connectors. With a comprehensive online dashboard and the ChargePoint network, station owners can get reports on charging station use, energy costs and environmental savings.

ChargePoint commercial products are available for order now and will begin shipping later this year. Businesses can contact ChargePoint for more information about EV charging solutions best suited to their unique charging requirements.”

Pasquale Romano, President and CEO, ChargePoint said:

“At ChargePoint, we are committed to advancing the adoption of electric vehicles having developed a complete portfolio of charging solutions that enable a premium charging experience for EV drivers and station owners alike. We are building on our charging expertise to extend the right solutions for the European market, designed to address the unique challenges many drivers face today. Delivering a class-leading charging experience to drivers and station owners across the region will encourage even more people to choose electric vehicles.”

Category: Charging

Tags: , , ,

9 responses to "ChargePoint Expands Its European Charging Network"
  1. Brandon says:

    Hopefully by this time next year there will be a good amount of multi stall 150+ kW ChargePoint Express Plus fast charger style setups being installed instead of 50 kW fast chargers.

  2. EVdriver says:

    The partnership with MFG is a different ChargePoint…!

    1. Bjorn says:

      You are absolutely right!

    2. One Advantage of Fast Chargers installed at Gas Stations, is that the current Non EV Crowd will start to see and realize – a few places, at least – THEY could charge a Plug-In Vehicle, should they buy one, for their road trips, and get them to start thinking about an EV Possibility for themselves.

      1. SparkEV says:

        Double edged sword. If they see bunch of EV sitting around waiting, most likely due to free chargers, they will get negative impression of EV and less likely to get EV.

        1. Mr. M says:

          Europe doesn’t have free chargers. At least not the comercial ones as it is no business in giving away free stuft.

          1. Magnus says:

            We have, up to 22kW AC are many chargepoints free. Some DC chargers are also free, city councils install some.

          2. Eric says:

            Only less than 5% of the time I use pay charger in Europe because on the other 95% of the time I can find free ones. They are everywhere in parking lots, stores and restaurants. That means I don’t go to charge my car but I charge where my car is parked.

  3. Trevor says:

    Hopefully now there will be rapid charger installed to facilitate travel from London to Norwich.

    Mildenhall or Newmarket would be ideal.