California Governor Signs 6 Clean Transportation / Plug-In Vehicle Bills
California Governor Edmund G. Brown Jr. kicked off the third annual National Plug In Day by signing a half dozen bills that support clean transportation.
Quoting Governor Brown:
“Today, we reaffirm our commitment in California to an electric vehicle future.”
The bills signed by the governor include:
• AB 8: Extends to 2024 programs aimed at reducing auto emissions in California, including the Alternative and Renewable Fuel and Vehicle Technology Program, the Air Quality Improvement Program, the Enhanced Fleet Modernization Program and the Carl Moyer Memorial Air Quality Standards Attainment Program.
• AB 266: Extends the white sticker program allowing for certain low-emission vehicles to drive in high-occupancy or “diamond” lanes until 2019 or until federal authorization expires.
• AB 1092: Requires the California Building Standards Commission and the Department of Housing and Community Development to develop standards for electric vehicle charging infrastructure in multi-family housing and non-residential developments.
• SB 286: Extends the green sticker program allowing for certain low-emission vehicles to drive in high-occupancy or “diamond” lanes until 2019 or until federal authorization expires.
• SB 359: Provides $30 million to fund the Clean Vehicle Rebate Project and the Hybrid and Zero-Emission Truck and Bus Voucher Incentive Project; $10 million to fund the Heavy-Duty Vehicle Air Quality Loan Program; and appropriates $8 million for the enhanced fleet modernization program.
• SB 454: Creates the Electric Vehicle Charging Stations Open Access Act, which removes obstacles to using electric vehicles by making electric vehicle charging stations accessible to all electric vehicle drivers, easier to locate and more convenient to use.
These bills should help California reach its goal of 1.5 million zero-emission vehicles on the state’s road by 2025.
Additionally, We’re sure that these bills will make for bigger numbers on our monthly scorecard.
An all-around win for electric vehicles come from the signing of these 6 bills…thanks Governor Brown!!!