BYD Sets Plug-In EV Sales Record In July – 11,200 Sold!
BYD maintained its record-setting 11,000+ plug-in electric car sales output again in July, slightly improved on June’s result by hitting a new personal record with 11,207 PEV sales – up 11% year-over-year.
After seven months, BYD is at nearly 46,000 deliveries, so the 100,000 level for 2017 sales is well within range if the company stays on its recent pace.
We should note that the second half of the calendar year is typically much stronger for EV sales in China – that is, other than last year which had some uncommon external forces at work.
The most important plug-in inside BYD’s lineup has become the new Song, which is actually available in both an all-electric and plug-in hybrid offering.
More than 6,500 electrified Songs were sold in July.
The Song PHEV set a new record of its own with 5,069 deliveries last month (which is also 46% of total Song sales), while the new all-electric version – the Song EV300, surged to 1,547 sales in its second month on the market (14% of total Song sales). In other words, 60% of all Song sales where plug-ins last month – that is some strong electrified model share to be sure.
Beside another strong outing for the e5 (2,946 deliveries), the rest of the BYD lineup weakened.
BYD sales breakdown:
- Song PHEV – 5,069 (11,907 YTD)
- e5 – 2,946 (13,772 YTD)
- Song EV300 – 1,547 (1736 YTD)
- Tang – 977 (8,479 YTD)
- Qin – 334 (1,988 YTD)
- e6 – 189 (3,644 YTD)
- Qin EV300 – 145 (4,262 YTD)