BYD e6 Electric Vehicles Arrive In Right-Hand-Drive in UK
More than 50 BYD e6 electric vehicles just landed in Southampton, UK and soon the will be going on trial with a number of fleet operators.
The Chinese manufacturer seems quite serious about entering the UK market, as is evidenced in these right-hand-drive vehicles.
Recently, BYD received homologation to use the e6 on European roads and will probably soon start to sell them to fleets there.
Managing Director of BYD Europe B.V, Mr. Isbrand Ho, stated:
“We are very excited with the arrival of our e6 pure electric cars in the UK. The e6 has zero tailpipe emissions, reducing air pollution, and also benefits from significantly lower running costs than conventional petrol or diesel cars. The model is well-proven, having driven over 14 million miles in key global markets.”
About the BYD e6:
- 186 miles range
- retails in the mid 50K range (USD in Hong Kong)
- can accept up to 10 kW charging on L2, making a full charge in 6 hours
- DC fast charging up to 100 kW, or a full charge in 40 minutes
- 75 kW electric motor
- 87 mph top speed
- Stanford Says Its Sodium-Based Battery Beat Lithium On Most All Fronts, 80% Cost Reduction Possible
- Poland Will Become Home To Europe’s Largest Battery Factory Next Year – Courtesy Of LG Chem
- Piquet Had “Too Many Doubts” To Stay With NextEV
- Panasonic Increases Automotive Lithium-ion Battery Production in Japan