BYD Sets 4th Straight Plug-In Car Sales Record
BYD will not let Tesla win without a fight.
In September, BYD set its fourth all-time record of plug-in car sales in a row, reaching 25,019 – over 4,000 above the record from August. Pace of growth increased to 121% year-over-year!
Plug-in share out of overall BYD volume stands at 56% (an all-time high).
Currently, BYD offers six plug-in models. Two of those models are available in both BEV and PHEV versions, so a total of eight options.
BYD sales breakdown:
- Tang PHEV – 6,019 (3rd full month of second-generation and new record)
- Yuan BEV – 5,008 (4th month on the market and another record)
- e5 – 4,265 (almost record)
- Qin PHEV – 3,866 + 1,207 BEV
- Song PHEV – 3,014 + 132 BEV
- e6 – 1,508
PHEV and BEVs are selling similarly: