BMW i3 Trophy Case Packed Full
It’s end of the year time, so we figured we’d look back on the year that was for the most highly awarded electric car of 2014: the BMW i3.
The i3 is a highly innovative breakthrough car that’s deserving of honor. i3 is one of only a few all-new plug-in vehicles to debut in the U.S. in 2014.
In its first year-plus one the international market, the BMW i3 packed its trophy case full. Here are just some of the more notable awards that the i3 grabbed:
- BMW i3 – Green Car of the Year Award 2015
- BMW i3 – Green Steering Wheel 2013 award from Auto Bild
- BMW i3 – best car in its class in auto motor und sport’s Best Cars 2014 awards
- BMW i3 – Two readers’ awards from Auto Zeitung magazine, plus the Auto Trophy 2013 and the Green Mobility Trophy 2014.
- BMW i3- UK Car of the Year Award
- BMW i3 – Next Green Car Award
- Green Car of the Year Award
- Fleet Hero Award
- Winner in its class – Sunday Times Top 100 Cars
- Special Jury Award in the Swiss Car of the Year Award
- Win in the French Trophées de l’Argus awards
- BMW i3 World Green Car of the Year and World Car Design of the Year.
- German Design Award
- iF gold product design award
- Automotive Interiors Expo Award
- Auto Bild voted the BMW i3 Design Innovation of the Year
- Raders of Auto Bild Klassik named it Classic of the Future
And the list goes on…
“Early adopters of the BMW i3 in Germany praise its sporty performance in particular. This is based on a 125 kW/170 hp electric motor, which offers highly responsive acceleration, and advanced chassis engineering. These drivers mainly use their BMW i3 for everyday urban driving and for commuting to work. For the most part they charge the lithium-ion battery overnight, at home. These first customers’ main reasons for buying the first electric vehicle from the BMW Group are its integrated sustainable mobility concept and BMW’s acknowledged technological expertise. Stand-out features of the BMW i3 in the eyes of its first German customers are its carbon-fibre (CFRP) passenger cell, renewable interior materials, mature powertrain engineering, state-of-the-art connectivity, and styling which these customers perceive as “futuristic.”
And lastly, the German automaker makes it known that:
“Demand for this electric vehicle, which can optionally be supplied with a range extender, is outstripping expectations.”