BMW i3 Carbonight Limited Edition Version Released In Japan
As part of BMWs 100th birthday celebration, a special edition BMW i3 Carbonight will be released in Japan, but limited to only 40 units. Ironically, the car doesn’t use any additional carbon. Perhaps the name is based on the car’s Fluid Black color and the signature Black Belt. As a token, however, all buyers will receive a carbon fiber phone case.
As shown in the photo, BMW iBlue color trim is available. The vehicle will also feature a premium Harmon/Kardon sound system as standard. Other notable perks are 20-inch alloys and LED headlights.
BMW i3 Celebration Edition Carbonight special equipment list per BMW Blog:
- Fluid Black paint color
- LED headlights
- 20-inch BMW i Double spoke styling 430 alloy wheels
- Sun protection glass (rear door window, luggage compartment-side window, rear window)
- BMW iInterior Design LOFT
- Heated front seats
- Harman/Kardon HiFi speaker system (360W, 12 speakers, 7-channel surround)
- Private Special Edition interior plate
- BMW Connected Drive premium
- Connected Drive Service
- BMW driver support desk
- BMW Apps
- Bonus: Carbon iPhone Cover Case
- Bonus: Harman/Kardon AURA STUDIO (wireless home speaker system)
- Free installation of charging equipment to the home (e- installation), or BMW Service Inclusive
The car will cost 5,980,000 Japanese YEN ($55,000).
Source: BMW Blog