BMW 225xe At The 2015 Frankfurt Motor Show
BMW 225xe had its world premiere at the 2015 Frankfurt Motor Show.
This new plug-in hybrid version of the BMW 2 Series Active Tourer was designed for the European market and will go on sale in spring 2016.
With its 7.7 kWh battery, all-electric range will be on par with other low-range plug-in hybrids from German manufacturers.
- 100 kW/136 hp, 220N·m 1.5-litre three-cylinder petrol engine with BMW TwinPower Turbo technology and six-speed Steptronic transmission plus high-voltage starter-generator in the front (power boost when accelerating from a standstill)
- 65 kW electric motor for the rear wheels
- AWD (front wheels – engine, rear wheels – electric motor)
- overall system output of 165 kW/224 hp and 385 Nm
- all-electric range of up to 41 km (25 miles), probably NEDC
- 7.7 kWh lithium-ion
- Average fuel consumption (combined) at 2.1–2.0 litres/100 km (134.5–141.2 mpg imp)
- 0 to 100 km/h (62 mph) in 6.7 s
“BMW 225xe serves up a brand new cocktail of BMW EfficientDynamics, comfort, fun at the wheel and all-wheel-drive performance. What’s more, this matchless driving experience is combined with impressive versatility and generous levels of space in a compact-sized vehicle. The space-saving location of the lithium-ion battery underneath the rear bench means that full use can continue to be made of the boot space above.
The interaction between BMW eDrive technology and a 1.5-litre three-cylinder petrol engine with BMW TwinPower Turbo technology makes it possible to enjoy both all-electric driving and unrestricted motoring mobility in the BMW 225xe. With a maximum electric range of 41 kilometres (25 miles), zero-local-emission driving can be experienced not just in the city, but beyond it too. Driving the rear wheels with the electric motor and the front wheels with the combustion engine’s power furthermore produces an electrified all-wheel-drive system that is quite unique in the BMW 225xe’s segment and promises outstanding traction in all weathers, especially in adverse conditions. The plug-in hybrid drive has an overall system output of 165 kW/224 hp. Average fuel consumption (combined) in the BMW 225xe is a frugal 2.1–2.0 litres/100 km (134.5–141.2 mpg imp), which equates to CO2 emissions (combined) of 49–46 g/km (in the EU test cycle).”