Best Selling Chinese Plug-In Cars For The First Half Of 2015
According to the ChinaAutoWeb, Chinese manufacturers produced some 76,233 NEVs (New Energy Vehicles) by the end of June, and sold nearly as many (72,711, up 240% year-over-year).
Around 25,000 were produced in June, which is a pretty strong surge.
Numbers includes different vehicles, out of which passenger cars had 50,627 deliveries – 29,743 BEVs and 20,884 PHEVs.
BYD on the top of the list isn’t a surprise. In the second place are BAIC’ BEVs – we believe three models gathered as one (is that fair?). Sadly, we don’t have data for cars imported to China like Tesla Model S.
“Sales of the top-ten best-selling EV models in H1 2015 are:
1. BYD Qin (plug-in hybrid), 16,477
2. BAIC EV 150/160/200 (E Series, pure-electric), 5,803
3. Zotye E20 (Zhidou E20, pure-electric), 4,913
4. Zotye Cloud 100 (pure-electric), 4,347
5. SAIC Roewe 550 Plug-in (plug-in hybrid), 3,321
6. Chery QQ EV (QQ3 EV, pure-electric), 3,208
7. BYD e6 (pure-electric), 2,900
8. JAC iEV (pure-electric), 2,591
9. Geely-Kandi Panda (pure-electric), 2,547
10. Chery eQ (pure-electric), 2,129
Sales of other notable EV models in H1 2015 are:
DENZA EV (pure-electric), 619
Venucia e30 (pure-electric), 453
BYD Tang (plug-in hybrid), 412
GAC Trumpchi GA5 REV (plug-in hybrid), 364
BMW 530Le (plug-in hybrid), 310
SAIC Roewe E50 (pure-electric), 140
BAIC ES210 (Senova EV, pure-electric), 89″