Audi Announces Full Specs And Pricing For Q7 e-tron TDI
The Audi Q7 e-tron 3.0 TDI is the world’s first 6-cylinder, diesel, permanent AWD, plug in hybrid. It will be released in Germany in March and start from €80,500 ($88,000 USD)
The vehicle will premier in Australia later in the year. The odds of seeing this diesel PHEV ever coming to North America seem extremely slim. The range of the PHEV is estimated at 55 km/35 miles via a 17.3 kWh battery.
Though Audi hasn’t officially announced details, Mark Dahncke, Audi of America’s senior communications manager for product and technology, announced:
“We are confident it’s coming” to the States during the 2018 calendar year—and “perhaps even in 2017.” The decision on whether to use the 2.0-liter TSFI four-cylinder gasoline engine or the 3.0-liter V-6 TDI diesel “is not decided yet.”
Of course we know that Mr. Dahncke, was hedging his knowledge of the Q7 e-tron release date, as a recent leak apparently pegs the launch specifically for October of 2017.
Most sources are placing their bets on the gasoline engine.
- 3.0-litre turbo-diesel V6
- 94 kw electric motor
- 8 speed automatic transmission
- Combined output is 373 PS (275 kW) and 700 Nm (516 lb-ft) of torque
- Top speed 225 km/h (140 MPH)
- 130 mpg combined fuel consumption
- 55 km (34.8 miles) range on electric only (NEDC)
- 1,400 km (870 miles) in total range
- 0-100 km/h (0-62 MPH) in 6.2 seconds
- 17.3 kWh Lithium ion battery
- CO2 emissions of just 46 g/km
- Four hours and 45 minutes to a full charge from a standard outlet
- Full LED headlamps
- Virtual cockpit with Apple Car Play, Android Auto, and Wi-fi
The Q7 uses a new Predictive Energy Assistant that will cut diesel consumption. It will also utilize a heat pump that draws heat from the engine to more efficiently warm the cabin.
Unfortunately, due to the needed space for batteries, there will be no third row seating. Audi has also developed an app for controlling the vehicle remotely.
With pricing comparable to the Porsche Panamera S E-Hybrid, it is surely not within reach as a standard family SUV.