Audi A3 E-Tron Takes to the Stage at the 2014 Detroit Auto Show
The Audi A3 e-tron Sportback continues to make its auto show rounds.
Here we see it hit the stage at the 2014 Detroit Auto Show.
Audi says the A3 e-tron will officially launch in the US in early 2015.
This highly anticipated plug-in from Audi will become the German automaker’s first production PHEV to be sold in the US.
As for price, we’ve got two tidbits of info to go on.
- The standard 2015 Audi A3 will have a base MSRP of $29,900
- The Audi A3 Sportback e-tron is priced at 37,000 Euros in Germany, or approximately $51,100 when directly converted to US dollars.
Specs for the A3 e-tron, at least those we know, break out like this:
- The Audi A3 Sportback e-tron accelerates to a speed of 100 km/h (62.14 mph) in just 7.6 seconds
- It has a top speed of 222 km/h (137.94 mph).
- Its average fuel consumption is just 1.5 liters of gasoline per 100 kilometers (156.81 US mpg)
- It offers a 50 kilometers (31.07 miles) driving range in electric mode
- total driving range is 940 kilometers (584.09 miles).
- The battery of the A3 Sportback e-tron has an energy capacity of 8.8 kWh and can be charged in less than 2.5 hours using a 16 A electrical outlet.
- The five-door, five-seat vehicle has weight of 1,580 kilograms (3,483.30 lb)
Gallery Of Audi’s Nifty Charge Port Hiding Spot: