Apple Watch Tesla Model S App – Images/Video
Eleks Labs has developed a Tesla Model S app (unofficial) that works with Apple Watch.
Just like the Model S’ smart phone app, you can control features on the Model S like climate, sunroof, lock, unlock, etc.
Not to deter you, but Eleks ran into a few small issues due mainly to the newness of the Apple Watch:
- The smart watch has an accelerometer and a gyroscope but when developing, you have no access to them.
- There is Bluetooth but it can only connect to your iPhone and it’s also not available for developers.
- Apple watch display is touch sensitive but if you’re developing, only Force Touch, which is used to display the shortcut menu, is available to you.
- The system of tactile notifications TapTic Engine is, unfortunately, also unavailable.
- You also don’t have access to the built-in speaker and microphone.
- It kind of has GPS but only on your iPhone.
Of course, as time goes by it’s likely that the Apple Watch will allow more access to work out these issues in order to fully accommodate the Model S app.
For now, the video above and these images will give you an idea of how the Model S app works.