Alta Motors Redshift SM Test Drive Review – Video
NOV 25 2016 BY MARK KANE
As it is Thanksgiving weekend – and much of the weather around the US isn’t so hot (and the EV news-flow is not so strong), we figured this would be a good time to share Ben Rich’s (electric biker and sometimes IEVs contributor), interesting review of a Alta Redshift SM test ride this Summer around Brisbane, CA.
We gathered a few highlights of the video, which taking into consideration Ben’s experience, should be a “must see” for those interested in a new EV motorcycle.
The Redshift SM is rated at 50 miles (80 km) using 5.8 kWh battery.
According to the review:
- acceleration (40 hp) is great, smooth drive
- regen isn’t strong but you can adjust the power
- suspension is nice
- overall bike is small but tall, good for twist roads
- for commute, sporty seats should be replaced for something more convenient
- sound (with chain) is easy to get used to