2017 Volkswagen Golf GTE Put Through Its Paces – Video
The latest Volkswagen Golf GTE, after a recent facelift and price reduction (full details), gets a
casual 2 minute once-over detailed walk-through and test drive by Autogefühl.
According to the comprehensive review, it’s a smooth and trouble free Golf, one that combines the best of all the model’s lineup (Golf, Golf GTI and Golf R).
Both the weight and price is higher compared to other standard petrol Golfs (in Germany from €36,900), but the fuel economy, especially on short commutes with home charging, will ultimately be rewarding.
- 1.4-litre TSI petrol engine (110 kW/150 PS), a 75 kW/102 PS electric motor and a six-speed dual-clutch gearbox developed specifically for hybrid models
- up to 50 km (31 miles) in all-electric mode (NEDC), with its total range being around 880 km (547 miles)
- 8.7 kWh lithium-ion
- Charging time: AC 2.3 kW 100% SOC in 3.45 h or AC 3.6 kW 100% SOC in 2.15 h
- Acceleration 0-80 km/h (50 mph) in 4.9 seconds / 0-100 km/h (62 mph) in 7.6 seconds
- Top speed 222 km/h (138 mph)
- Fuel consumption in Combined cycle 1.8 – 1.6 l/100km and 12 – 11.4 kWh/100km
- Kerb weight (EU, incl. 75 kg driver) 1,615 kg