2017 Volkswagen e-Golf Live Debut From The Los Angeles Auto Show – Videos, Galley
The 2017 Volkswagen e-Golf was unveiled from the 2016 Los Angeles Auto Show (details), and will offer around 50% higher range. Check out the live, on stage release of the plug-in EV from the show above.
The battery capacity has increased from 24.2 kWh to 35.8 kWh so the EPA range should increase from 83 miles to roughly 124 miles.
The new e-Golf is also equipped with more powerful electric motor (100 kW), and the overall package is also enhanced in various minute ways when it arrives in early 2017.
Check out the live gallery of photos and some videos from the show (below).
2017 Volkswagen e-Golf spec
- 35.8 kWh battery instead 24.2 kWh
- 300 km (186) of NEDC range (124 miles EPA expected versus 83 miles in previous generation)
- 150 km/h (93 mph) top speed
- 0-100 km/h (62 mph) in 9.6 seconds
- 100 kW electric motor (85 kW previously) and 290 Nm (270 Nm previously)
- 7.2 kW on-board charger (full charged in less than six hours)
- battery can be charged to 80 percent within an hour at a DC fast charging station (J1772 Combo / CCS)