2017 Toyota Mirai Price Unchanged, But Now Leases From $349/Month, New Color Added
The starting MSRP of Toyota Mirai for 2017 model year remains uncanged at $57,500 plus an $865 destination fee ($58,365).
But with that said, there are generous incentives to bring the price down to entice buyers to get behind the wheel of Toyota’s fuel cell vehicle: a $8,000 federal tax credit, a $5,000 California state rebate and something called “Trailblazer purchase support” from Toyota worth $7,500.
Taking all those factors into account, leasing starts from just $349 per month for 36 months with $2,499 due at signing.
So far in the US, Toyota has delivered over 700 Mirai in the U.S., but of those, more than half the sales were registered in August as the Japanese company ended the staggered roll-out of the Mirai due to earlier infrastructure concerns in the state, 371 were sold in August.
While there almost no changed for the 2017 Mirai, it will abe offered in one more additional color – Atmospheric Blue (on top of previous Celestial Black, Elemental Silver and Nautical Blue Mirai).
Toyota’s Press Blast on the 2017 Mirai below:
“Toyota Mirai drivers – COME ON DOWN!! While drivers may not see the trailblazing Toyota Mirai fuel cell vehicle in a game show showcase anytime soon, they can see every day value in new model year pricing. Toyota Mirai 2017 model year offers competitive, flexible pricing options and the opportunity to be a part of automotive history.
The Mirai hydrogen fuel cell electric vehicle combines hydrogen and oxygen to make electricity onboard, while emitting nothing but water vapor. It is a zero emission vehicle with an EPA estimated driving range of 312 miles, and refuels in around five minutes.
MY17 MSRP remains $57,500 plus an $865 destination fee. Mirai customers also may qualify for an $8,000 federal tax credit and $5,000 potential California rebate along with access to the coveted California HOV carpool lane.
To recognize our Mirai drivers leading the way, qualified customers will be eligible for the Mirai trailblazer support program. The trailblazer program enhances the purchase and ownership experience with the following choices:
- Trailblazer Lease: $349 per month for 36 months, $2,499 due at signing* with 12,000/year mileage allowance
- Trailblazer APR Support: 0% for 60 months or 1.9% for 72 months and
- Trailblazer Purchase Support of $7,500
*Excludes official fees, taxes and dealer charges. See participating Authorized Mirai Toyota Dealer for details.
The new model year brings with it a new color option – Atmospheric Blue – to complement the existing Celestial Black, Elemental Silver and Nautical Blue Mirai color choices.
The Mirai comprehensive, ownership experience remains unchanged for MY17, boasting a range of world class services, including:
- Three years’ worth of complimentary fuel 
- Three years complimentary Safety Connect and Entune, including hydrogen station finder app.
- Three years of 24/7 customer call support.
- Mirai Complimentary Rental Experience for seven days per year for three years.
- ToyotaCare, our standard no cost service plan and roadside assistance, is enhanced for Mirai and includes:
- No cost scheduled maintenance for three years, or 35,000 miles, whichever comes first
- No cost enhanced roadside assistance for three years, regardless of mileage, including expedited towing service and trip interruption reimbursement at a maximum of $500 per day for up to 5 days per incident.
- 8-year/100,000-mile warranty on key fuel cell vehicle components including the FC stack and power control unit; FC hydrogen tanks; hybrid battery pack and ECU; FC air compressor, boost converter and ECU; hybrid control module (power management control module); and hydrogen fueling ECU.
California customers can request a Mirai by visiting www.toyota.com/mirai. Production of the Mirai is limited and vehicles will be placed with select, eligible customers. After placing a request, potential Mirai drivers are contacted directly by a Toyota representative to discuss ownership and next steps.
Mirai customers take delivery from one of the eight authorized California dealers of their choosing. In Southern California, Longo Toyota, Toyota of Orange, Toyota of Santa Monica or Tustin Toyota will take care of Mirai trailblazers. Customers in Northern California will visit Roseville Toyota, San Francisco Toyota, Stevens Creek Toyota or Toyota Sunnyvale.
 Complimentary fuel for 3 years or $15,000 maximum, whichever comes first. Fuel program starts after receipt and activation of fuel card; fuel card is nontransferable. Fueling must be done at approved stations that meet SAE fueling interface protocols.
 The seven complimentary days per year will expire after each year and any unused days will not carry over.
 ToyotaCare covers normal factory scheduled maintenance for two years or 25,000 miles, whichever comes first. 24-hour roadside assistance is also included for two years, regardless of mileage. Valid only at authorized Mirai Fuel Cell dealers in the continental United States. See dealer for details and exclusions.
 Covers normal factory scheduled maintenance and is valid only at authorized Mirai Fuel Cell dealers in the continental United States. See dealer for details and exclusions.
 Does not include parts and fluids.
 Trip reimbursement covers interruptions that require the Toyota dealership to keep such vehicle overnight and such Covered Vehicle is at the time of such disablement more than fifty (50) miles from the residence of the owner of the Covered Vehicle. See an Authorized Mirai Fuel Cell dealer for details and exclusions”