2017 Kia Optima Plug-In Hybrid At The Chicago Auto Show, On Sale This Fall
Here we go back to the 2017 Kia Optima Plug-In Hybrid which was unveiled at the Chicago Auto Show with set of new photos and the best video recaps from the event.
Sales of the plug-in Kia are scheduled to begin in Q4, we expect that to occur sometime in early November.
- 9.8 kWh battery and 27 miles expected EPA range
- 50 kW electric motor and 2.0-liter “Nu” four-cylinder GDI (Gasoline Direct Injection) engine, mated to a six-speed automatic transmission, power output is targeted for a class-leading 154 hp @ 6,000 rpm
- estimated 600 miles of total driving range
- Full charge in less-than 3 hours via a 240V (Level 2) charger
- segment’s lowest coefficient of drag, tied with the Tesla Model S at 0.24 Cd