2016 BMW 740e Plug-In Hybrid Image Gallery
BMW has released new images of its latest plug-in hybrid.
Seen here is the BMW 740Le PHEV, a full-size plug-in from the German automaker.
“BMW releases new photos of the 2016 BMW 7 Series 740Le plug-in hybrid. The new 7 Series is being launched this week in Porto and New York City with hundreds of journalists from around the world driving a variety for models. Over the next few years, BMW brand will get electrified; theX5 xDrive40e was the first plug-in hybrid announced with techniques learned from BMW’s i division. From there, the 330e plug-in hybrid was announced and now, the 7 Series gets a plug-in hybrid.”
Pricing has not yet been announced.
Here are the specs for the 740Le:
- BMW 740e (BMW 740Le, BMW 740Le xDrive): Four-cylinder in-line petrol engine with BMW TwinPower Turbo technology (TwinScroll turbocharger, direct injection, VALVETRONIC, Double-VANOS).
- Capacity: 1,997cc, output: 190 kW/258 hp at 5,000–6,500 rpm, max. torque: 400 Nm / 295 lb-ft at 1,250–4,800 rpm.
- BMW eDrive technology with synchronous electric motor,
output: 83 kW/113 hp, torque: 250 Nm (184 lb-ft), lithium-ion high-voltage battery.
- Total system output: 240 kW/326 hp.
- Acceleration [0–100 km/h / 62 mph]: 5.6 seconds (BMW 740Le: 5.7 seconds, BMW 740Le xDrive: 5.5 seconds),
- top speed: >240 km/h / 149 mph,
- top speed, electric: 120 km/h / 75 mph (electronically limited);
- electric range**: 40 km / 25 miles (BMW 740Le: 40 km / 25 miles, BMW 740Le xDrive: 37 km / 23 miles).
- Average fuel consumption**: 2.1 litres/100 kilometres / 134.5 mpg imp (BMW 740Le: 2.1 litres / 134.5 mpg imp, BMW 740Le xDrive: 2.3 litres / 122.8 mpg imp),
12.5 kWh/100 kilometres (BMW 740Le: 12.5 kWh, BMW 740Le xDrive: 13.0 kWh),
- CO2 emissions**: 49 g/km (BMW 740Le: 49 g/km, BMW 740Le xDrive: 53 g/km), exhaust standard: EU6.
Additional images in mega gallery at BMWBLOG.