2015 Volkswagen e-Golf Makes US Debut at 2013 LA Auto Show
The Volkswagen e-Golf has officially made its US debut at the 2013 LA Auto Show.
Unfortunately, VW revealed no further details on the e-Golf, so we’re still waiting on pricing information. The rest of the details seen below have been previously released and confirmed by VW.
- US on-sale date in select states of 4th quarter of 2014
- 24.2 kWh lithium-ion battery pack
- Real-world range of approximately 80 miles (118 NEDC)
- 114 horsepower
- 199 pound-feet of torque
- 0 to 62 mph in 10.4 seconds
- 87 mph top speed
- Drag coefficient of 0.28
Three drive modes: Normal, Eco and ECO+
- Four levels of regenerative braking: D1, D2, D3 and B
- 13-hour recharge on standard 230-volt socket or 4 hours with optional wall-box charger
- Spring 2014 launch in Europe
- Curb weight 3,090 pounds
- 7.2 kW onboard charger
- Depending on driving style and charging behavior, the average range for the e-Golf is between 70 and 90 miles
- CCS is standard in US
Sure wish VW would spill the beans on pricing. Guess we’ll have to wait a few more months for that vital info to leak on out.
Gallery: Double Click to Enlarge