2015 Audi A3 Starting Price is $29,900 – What Will the PHEV Version Cost?
Now that Audi has officially announced US pricing for its 2015 A3, we can begin to take guesses at how much the PHEV version will cost.
“The base MSRP for the Audi A3 1.8 TFSI will start at $29,900 and the 2.0 TFSI® will start at $32,900.”
A3 option packages can easily add $10,000 onto those prices.
Audi has not announced pricing for the TDI “clean” diesel version of the a3, nor has it announced pricing for the high-performance S3 variant.
But, with those two available MSRPs now known, we can probably home in on pricing for the PHEV A3, which will launch in the US in early 2015.
Officially called the Audi A3 Sportback e-tron, here’s a rundown of the basic specs:
- The Audi A3 Sportback e-tron accelerates to a speed of 100 km/h (62.14 mph) in just 7.6 seconds
- It has a top speed of 222 km/h (137.94 mph).
- Its average fuel consumption is just 1.5 liters of gasoline per 100 kilometers (156.81 US mpg)
- It offers a 50 kilometers (31.07 miles) driving range in electric mode
- total driving range is 940 kilometers (584.09 miles).
- The battery of the A3 Sportback e-tron has an energy capacity of 8.8 kWh and can be charged in less than 2.5 hours using a 16 A electrical outlet.
- The five-door, five-seat vehicle has weight of 1,580 kilograms (3,483.30 lb)
The questions are as follows:
- How much would you be willing to pay for the A3 PHEV?
- What price tag do you think Audi will pin to it?