2014 Mercedes-Benz S500 Plug-In Hybrid Gets Official Reveal; Specs Pour Out
The 2014 Mercedes-Benz S500 Plug-In Hybrid is coming soon, so why not reveal it in all its glory today?
That’s exactly what Mercedes has done.
Consider this the official S500 Plug-In Hybrid reveal.
M-B had planned to debut the plug-in S500 at the 2013 Frankfurt Motor Show in September, but the automaker decided to jump the gun.
Here are the juicy details:
- Fuel consumption of 3 liters/100 km (78.4 US mpg)
- Emits only 69 g/km of CO2
- Turbocharged 3.0-liter V6 engine rated at 328 hp and 354 pound- feet of torque
- Electric motor adds 107 hp and 251 pound-feet of torque
- Top speed 155 mph
- 0 to 62 mph in 5.5 seconds
- Electric-only range 18.6 miles
More details will surely come out in September when the S500 plug-in hits the Frankfurt stage.
Prcing? It’s a Mercedes-Benz S-Class, so expect it to be through the roof.
The 2014 Mercedes-Benz S500 Plug-in Hybrid will arrive at dealerships in 2014.
Gallery: Double Click to Enlarge