The 0 Mile Electric Range Electric Cars
Believe it or not, there are plug-in electric cars available with 0 miles of electric-only range.
These are what we call the 0-milers of electric cars.
If you’re going electric for the ability to drive electrically, then these cars (all of which are plug-in hybrids) are not for you.
- BMW i8 – Electric-Only Range = 0 to 14 Miles
- Ford C-Max Energi – Electric-Only Range = 0 to 19 Miles
- Ford Fusion Energi – Electric-Only Range = 0 to 19 Miles
- Honda Accord Plug-In Hybrid – Electric-Only Range = 0 to 13 Miles
- McLaren P1 – Electric-Only Range = 0 Miles
- Porsche Panamera S E-Hybrid – Electric-Only Range = 0 to 15 Miles
- Toyota Prius Plug-In Hybrid – Electric-Only Range = 0 to 6 Miles
Some plug-in hybrids do not get this dreaded 0-mile rating. For example, the Porsche 918 Spyder is rated at 12 miles, while the BMW i3 REx gets 72 miles and the Chevrolet Volt gets 38. Per the EPA, all vehicles listed on this page are plug-in hybrid. Some are more plug-in, less hybrid.
Here’s a look at the window sticker of a 0-miler (note how driving range lists electricity + gas for the first 11 miles, then only gasoline after that):
And here’s the 2013 Volt’s window sticker for comparison. You’ll notice there’s no + gasoline listed in the driving range area for the first 38 miles: