Video: McLaren P1 Caught Revving Engine For First Time Ever
It’s not the hum of the electric motor we hear, but rather the rumble of the McLaren P1’s turbocharged V8 engine.
Admittedly, we’d rather observe the P1’s silent electric-only operation, but this here is the first time ever that McLaren spectacular hypercar has been caught on the move and with audio to prove it’s a working machine.
This particular P1 is reportedly bound for Germany and showed up at McLaren’s headquarters prior to being shipped out.
Unfortunately, we don’t get a feel for the P1’s speed here, but it’s still quite special to catch a glimpse of a machine so expensive ($1.15 million) and limited (production run 375 units) that few of us will ever see out on public roads.
What’s the P1 capable of? Here are those mind-blowing specs:
- o to 62 miles per hour in under 3 seconds
- 0 to 124 miles per hour in less than 7 seconds
- 0 to 186 miles per hour in 17 seconds
- 903 total horsepower
- 664 pound-feet of torque
- Electric-only range of up to 12.5 miles at an average speed of 30 mph
- Production limited to 375 units
- Top speed 218 mph
- Curb weight 3,086 pounds