Tesla Model S Convertible – 100 Confirmed Orders – 5,000 Model S EVs Requested
Turns out there’s huge demand for a convertible Tesla Model S. Too bad Tesla Motors doesn’t offer one.
In steps Newport Convertible Engineering (NCE).
NCE is widely known for its convertible conversions. It offers this type of conversion on countless high-end automobiles, including the Tesla Model S.
According to NCE, it received an order from one investor in China for 100 Tesla Model S convertibles. That’s from one investor.
NCE anticipates demand for the convertible Model S being so high that it claims to have contacted Tesla Motors in an effort to secure an order for 5,000 units
“Newport Convertible Engineering has officially requested Tesla Motors in a joint effort to build another 5,000 Tesla Model S convertible for a worldwide demand. Announcement will be made in April 18 2014.”
NCE says that it’ll begin work on the 100 Tesla Model S convertibles this July. Those vehicles will all be shipped to China. The conversion will take place at 3 NCE sites, including California, Dubai and Barcelona.
As for price, NCE says it offer two versions of a convertible Tesla Model S:
- Ragtop conversion priced at $29,000
- Hard tonneau cover conversion priced at $49,000
Plus the cost of the donor Tesla Model S.
So far, there have been no completed conversions, so the only image of the convertible Tesla Model S is the photo-shopped image found atop this article.
- Ford CEO Fields: We Will Fight EPA’s 2025 Emission Mandate, EV Adoption Regs
- Production Now Underway On 2017 Chrysler Pacifica Plug-In Hybrid
- Several Plug-Ins Hit New 2016 Highs, As November EV Sales In US Rise Sharply
- Nikola One Unveiled: Hydrogen-Electric Semi Truck With 320 kWh Battery, Production In 2020