Survey Says: In-Depth Look At Tesla Model S Versus Model X
A pretty great recent survey reported by Teslarati provides some unique and insightful information. The survey compares and contrasts responses related to the Model S versus the Model X. It also sheds light on the Model 3 and Tesla Energy. The survey features about 500 Tesla owners, Model 3 reservation holders, and fans.
- 95 percent of Model X owners said their vehicle holds up “extremely well”
- Model X owners are 20 percent more likely to have dealt with maintenance (non-routine)
- Model X owners spent about 29 percent more overall on their vehicles
- Model X owners income nearly doubles that of Model S ($503,000 to $267,000)
- X and S owners were 89 percent satisfied with their service departments
- X and S owners are 53 years old (average)
Interestingly, even though Tesla owners’ incomes put them in the top 1 percent of U.S. household incomes, 95 percent of owners surveyed said that their Tesla is the most expensive car they’ve purchased to date.
Respondents would pay over $5,900 for a 30 percent battery upgrade in 3 years. Teslarati calculated this at ~$235 kWh. More than half of those surveyed intend to purchase Tesla Energy products in the future (within 2-3 years).
In regards to the Model 3, 82.5 percent were happy with the reservation process.
Other Model 3 Takeaways:
- Reservation holders plan to spend about $48,000 on their Model 3
- Model 3 reservation holders are age 43 (average)
- Model 3 reservation holders have been Tesla fans for over five years
In the end, 97 percent of respondents are happy with the company overall and believe that the company is in good shape overall, and 92 percent plan to purchase a Tesla vehicle in the future.
Please follow the source link below for additional survey findings.