Successful Trial of Electric Nissan e-NV200 Comes to an End in London
City of London Corporation just completed its 1-year trial of the electric Nissan e-NV200 van.
According to those trialers who drove the e-NV200, the feedback was “universally positive,” says Nissan.
Other feedback mentioned by Nissan includes:
- Van praised ahead of 2014 launch for its great range and car-like feel.
- Fleet drivers and members of the senior management team successfully demonstrating the pioneering van can cover typical daily journeys on one charge.
John Tomlinson, Chairman of the City of London Corporation’s Port Health & Environmental Services Committee, stated:
“We are pleased to be one of the first organisations to trial the e-NV200 – and the feedback has been very positive. We also had access to the Nissan LEAF which was well received by our staff, so we had no hesitation in wanting to try the e-NV200. The drivers were impressed with its comfort and responsiveness.”
Barry Beeston, Nissan GB corporate sales director, remarked:
“The e-NV200 is one of our most exciting developments in years and the trial with the City of London Corporation marked an important part of Nissan’s research and development process ahead of the vehicle’s 2014 launch. We now look forward to further developing a relationship with City of London Corporation over the coming months.”
The Nissan e-NV200, with its LEAF powertrain, will enter production this fall. Sales are scheduled to start in 2014.
- Hyperdrive Innovation To Offer Nissan (LEAF) Batteries For Various Applications
- Nissan LEAF-To-Home Prepped For Commercialization In U.S., Will Be Nissan’s Primary Focus At 2017 NAIAS
- 200 Multi-Standard Fast Chargers To Be Installed Under Eva+ Project In Italy and Austria
- Here Is How Nissan LEAF Can Rescue A Stranded Tesla Model S