Renault Kangoo Vans Upgraded Across Entire Lineup
Renault slightly updated its Kangoo vans, including the all-electric Z.E. version.
Changes don’t apply to the batteries, drivetrain or charging abilities(Renault is reluctant to use 3-phase 22 kW charging from ZOE, so the only option is still at least several hours via 16 A).
As of today, Renault sold about 20,000 Kangoo Z.E.
Renault lists these changes:
- Improved standard equipment available across the Kangoo Van range
- Z.E. versions come as standard with Business trim
- Full steel bulkhead, adjustable driver’s seat & DAB radio now standard across the Renault LCV range
- four all-electric Z.E. versions available with battery lease or full purchase
- Z.E. Voice pedestrian warning system as standard
- Z.E. versions remain priced from £16,161 (purchase) or £12,994 (battery hire) plus VAT
“The improvements mean that there is now substantial standard specification across the Kangoo Van range with every trim level receiving DAB radio with Bluetooth, USB and AUX ports as standard.
Every Kangoo Van and Kangoo Van Z.E. panel van will now have a full steel bulkhead separating the passenger and cargo compartments, providing greater safety for occupants in the event of an accident whilst also ensuring that loads are securely located. In Crew Van Cab models, the bulkhead is a multi-positional feature giving owners the flexibility to vary passenger and cargo space.
The new range now includes Business and Business+ trim levels, aligning with the Renault Trafic and Renault Master. Standard equipment also includes ECO mode, load area lighting, roof bar fixings, Electronic Stability Control (ESC) with Hill Start Assist and Grip Xtend, electric front windows, Titanium upholstery, electric variable power steering, a front 12-volt power socket, grey side protection moulds, , anti-lock brakes with electronic brake force distribution (EBD), a driver’s airbag a height-adjustable driver’s seat, deadlocks, the Renault anti-intruder device (R.A.I.D.) and remote central locking.
On top of the above standard equipment, the Kangoo Van Z.E. also comes with a wall-mounted (Type 2, Mode 3) charging cable, a recharging socket (up to 16amp), Z.E. onboard computer, Z.E. Voice cabin pre-heating/pre-cooling and low rolling resistance tyres.”
Renault Kangoo Van Z.E. is rated for up to 106 miles (170 km) under NEDC (in temperate conditions, 78 miles; in extreme winter conditions, 53 miles) on its 22 kWh battery. Payload stands at 650 kg (1,433 lbs). Motor output is just 44 kW, one of the lowest for BEVs, but with 226 Nm of torque.
In the UK, Kangoo Van Z.E. can be ordered with batteries (‘i’ prefix) as well as under a battery hire scheme.
KANGOO Z.E. PRICES (full purchase after PICG grant exc VAT)
Model Price i Z.E. Business £16,161 i Max Z.E Business £17,062 i Maxi Crew Van Z.E. Business £17,561 i Maxi Crew Van CAB Z.E. Business £18,062
KANGOO Z.E. PRICES (battery hire after PICG grant exc VAT)
Model Price i Z.E. Business £12,995 i Max Z.E Business £13,895 i Maxi Crew Van Z.E. Business £14,395 i Maxi Crew Van CAB Z.E. Business £14,895
- Nissan, Renault, Mitsubishi Collectively Reveal Future Plans, Including 12 Pure EVs
- Shell Expands Plan For EV Chargers At Its Gas Stations
- Renault SYMBIOZ – The Car That Turns Into A Living Room For Your Home – Video
- First Electric Vehicle-Only Showroom Now Open In UK, Complete With No Sales Pressure