Receive a $500 Clean Fuel Rebate From PG&E For Driving An EV
PG&E has launched a new Clean Fuel Rebate initiative for its customers in the US.
Starting now, PG&E customers can receive a $500 rebate for both being a PG&E consumer, and also owning an electric vehicle.
The California utility’s incentive offer is part of the State of California’s Low Carbon Fuel Standard (LCFS) program, earning itself credits if its consumers charge EVs at home.
The program seems to be generous enough to return the value of these credits to its electric vehicle customers themselves. So if you are a PG&E customer and own an EV (or a thinking of owning one)…why not go grab the money?
Apply for $500 here.
Details of the Clean Fuel Rebate are availabel below (see website):
Receive a $500 Clean Fuel Rebate
As an electric vehicle (EV) owner, you’re contributing to a cleaner energy future by fueling your vehicle with electricity. PG&E customers with EVs are eligible to receive a $500 Clean Fuel Rebate for their use of electricity as a clean transportation fuel.
Learn about the Clean Fuel Rebate program
The Clean Fuel Rebate comes from a State of California program called the Low Carbon Fuel Standard (LCFS). The Low Carbon Fuel Standard is fighting climate change by encouraging the adoption of clean vehicle fuels such as electricity. PG&E earns credits in the program when customers use electricity at home to charge their electric vehicles. PG&E returns the value of these credits to its electric vehicle customers through the Clean Fuel Rebate.
Find out about the eligibility requirements for the Clean Fuel Rebate
- You must be a PG&E customer with an active residential electric account. As the account holder, you may also apply on behalf of an EV owner in your household (or tenant in a multifamily household) with the vehicle owner’s permission.
- You must own or lease an eligible plug-in electric vehicle or have permission from the vehicle owner to submit the application.
- Your vehicle, identified by its unique vehicle identification number (VIN), must not have already received the Clean Fuel Rebate under the current owner or any previous owner.
- You must have paid the vehicle’s current registration fees and your vehicle must be registered in California to the address on your PG&E account.
Apply for your rebate through a simple online application
To complete the application process, you’ll need the following:
- Your PG&E account number. Find your account number at the top of your energy bill. Your account must have active residential electric service to be eligible.
- Your current vehicle registration card. If you recently purchased or leased your vehicle and haven’t received your registration card yet, you may provide a copy of your purchase or lease contract instead.
Once submitted, PG&E will review your application to confirm eligibility. If approved, your Clean Fuel Rebate check will be mailed to the address on your PG&E account.
Hat Tip to Fabian!!!