Plotting the Changes: 2014 Nissan LEAF Expected to Launch in Canada in January
It looks like the Model Year 2014 Nissan LEAF will be arriving in Canada in January with some minor changes.
The Association de Véhicules Électriques du Québec has confirmed with Nissan not only that the latest model will be arriving soon, but that a greater number of vehicles will be headed north of the border.
“Our intention is to increase Canadian unit production with the 2014 model year. Production for 2014 starts in December and cars will be at dealers in January.”
The US is still expected to see the 2014 Model Year LEAFs arrive this December as production begins this month in Nissan’s Smyrna US plant.
Here are some of the changes coming with the 2014 Model Year:
- The 6.6 kW charger and the quick charge port will come standard on all models (already the case for the 2013 model in Canada).
- The backup camera will come standard on all models.
- Updated EV-IT functionality with voice destination entry and SMS readout
- The Canadian price will drop by approximately $1,000
- Nissan Launches LEAF Pre-Owned Program In Quebec, $4,000 Rebate Now Applies
- 2015 Nissan LEAF Priced Slightly Higher In Canada, Arrives This Month
- 2014 Nissan LEAF Recall – Missing Spot Welds? Entire Vehicle Will Be Replaced Free Of Charge
- Nissan LEAF Sales in December Hit Record High of 2,529 – Production Capacity Excuses Lifted For 2014