Opel Ampera-e First Drive, In The Land Of The Chevrolet Bolt EV – Video
Opel Ampera-e is not even on sale yet in its most important markets in Europe – it kicks of in June in Norway. Interestingly enough, the EV was spotted earlier this year in California, where it will not be offered at all.
Opel was doing some first drive demonstrations and a photo session, as you can see in the set of new wallpapers below. The Ampera-e will be produced together with Chevrolet Bolt EV.
The performance numbers for both cars are, of course, identical, despite different results on official tests:
- Chevrolet Bolt EV: 238 mi (383 km) of range by EPA
- Opel Ampera-e: 323 mi (520 km) of range on the NEDC test, which is more than 236 mi (380 km) in Worldwide Harmonized Light-Duty Vehicles Test Procedure (WLTP).
Both cars are equipped with a 150 kW/ 360 Nm electric motor (FWD) and a 60-kWh lithium-ion battery using LG Chem cells. Acceleration from zero-to-60 miles per hour takes around 7 seconds.
The difference is in the on-board charging connectors, since the CCS charging standard is different in U.S. and Europe, as well as some minor details and adjustments.
New set of wallpapers:
- CNET Cites Various Studies Claiming Electric Cars Are The “Next Big Thing” – Video
- Chevrolet Bolt, Volt & Nissan LEAF Sales Improve In Canada For February
- Tesla’s Electric Motor Hits The Dyno As Part Of “Blue Lightning” Lotus Conversion – Video
- Deals To Be Found Here & There For Chevrolet Bolt, Up To $5,200 Off