Nissan e-NV200 Production Is Now Underway – Video
Nissan’s long anticipated 2nd all-electric vehicle based on the Nissan LEAF – the e-NV200 electric can has entered production today in Barcelona, Spain.
The first job for the €100 million euro project is to get 100 of the new EVs to British Gas as a fleet order before making them available to the general public in the UK next month.
The e-NV 200 will also be available in Japan straight out of the gate, as well as some other Euro-regions shortly thereafter (like Germany and France in June).
Nissan says plans to export the van globally are still on track, although still no specific word on its US release; if we had to hazard a guess we would pencil in first half of 2015 for the e-NV200′s US release. Nissan says it has plans to roll it out initially to 20 international markets.
As an example of pricing, in Germany the EV starts from €25,058, or about $35,000 USD.
“This is a great landmark day for Nissan, starting production of our second electric vehicle. This is at a time when EV’s are now recognized as mainstream technology, many competitors are only just starting to launch their first EV and where Nissan has clear first mover advantage. We’re proud that the Nissan LEAF is the world’s best-selling electric vehicle with more than 110,000 delighted customers enjoying the quiet and smooth ride of an EV.” - Nissan Motor Co. Ltd. Chief Planning Officer Andy Palmer, who hosted the VIP guest event
Nissan is making the e-NV200 available in three functional types: light commercial van, passenger vehicle and electric taxi.
Here are some Nissan e-NV200 specs:
- New styling reflects 30 percent new components over existing NV200
- 170 km (105 miles) NEDC homologated driving range, 120 km/h (75 mph) maximum speed
- CHAdeMO quick charge capable (0-80% in 30 minutes)
- Access to over 1,000 public quick chargers in Europe
- Global production from Barcelona
- Same 24 kWh battery as the Nissan LEAF – but built in a different configuration to maximize cargo area.
- e-NV200 US EPA range ~ 72-75 miles.
Video Below: Some “B-Roll” Of Nissan e-NV200 production
Below: Some images of the Nissan e-NV200