New 2014 Chevrolet Spark EV At Select Dealerships Now
First announced for production in October of 2011, InsideEVs can report that the first batch of Spark EV have now been delivered to select California dealers starting today (Monday, June 17th).
About three months ago, after speaking with Chevrolet rep Annalisa Bluhm, we brought you the news that the Spark EV’s arrival was tracking to begin a few months earlier than the “late summer” that had been (and ironically still is) estimated on GM’s corporate website.
“The cars will be in dealerships by July if all goes to plan” – Annalisa Bluhm , March 25th, 2013
Now with boots on the ground in California, we can report at least three dealerships have the Spark EV in inventory today. Specifically Keyes Chevrolet, in Los Angeles, Connell Chevrolet in Costa Mesa, and Bunnin Chevrolet in Culver City.
We assume this means the Spark EV will also be available elsewhere in the state imminently, and very shortly in Oregon – the Spark EV’s other initial market.
Update (Thursday, June 20th, 2013) : We count at least 13 dealers now currently with in-stock Spark EVs…so distribution is happening fast now
GM has yet to commit to any timeline on a national rollout. The all electric mini car will be available next year in select regions of Europe during the first quarter, and as a fleet-only offering in Canada.
So if you are in the market for a pint-sized all electric vehicle that outperforms its peers when it comes to performance and range…your wait is over. (Also of interest – check out our Fiat 500e vs Chevrolet Spark EV comparison report)
About the Spark EV:
- Starting MSRP: $27,495
- Range: 82 miles
- MPGe: 128 city–109 highway–119 combined
- 130 hp/ 400 lb-ft torque
- 0-60: 7.6 seconds
- SAE Combo Quick Charger: Optional–Though GM’s Spark EV site says “Late Availability” and notes that compatible stations won’t be around until “late 2013.”
- Charge Time: 7 Hours at 240 Volt
- Battery Capacity: 21 kWh
- All Electric Infiniti LE Back On Production Radar – But Just Barely
- 2014 Chevy Volt Becomes Safest Small Car In U.S. After Solid Performance In IIHS Small Overlap Test – Video & Images
- Elon Musk On The Colbert Report – Video
- Mitsubishi Retools Japanese Factory To Up Outlander PHEV Production, Slash Costs