Karma Automotive Officially Opens Tech Center In Troy, Michigan
Karma Automotive has officially launched its new technical center in Troy, Michigan.
Under Wanxiang, Karma Automotive is re-introducing the Fisker Karma as an upgraded and re-engineered 2017 Karma Revero.
Orders are now being accepted, while deliveries are expected in the first quarter of 2017.
The technical center in Michigan starts out with 36 employees, with an ultimate goal of reach ~150 in three years time.
Separately, Karma is moving its headquarters in California to Irvine. Karma HQ will now reside in the former Kawasaki Motors USA site, while production of Revero takes place in Moreno Valley.
“Karma Automotive held the Grand Opening of its Troy, Michigan Technical Center located at 1875 Research Drive yesterday. Attendees included many government officials and suppliers to the auto company. Troy Mayor, Dane Slater, joined Jim Taylor, Karma’s Chief Revenue Officer along with Senator Marty Knollenberg, Congressman David Trott and Representative Martin Howrylak for the ribbon cutting.”
Scott Sabin, Director, Troy Technical Center said:
“Our Detroit Technical Center is growing fast. Today, we have 36 employees and we look to grow to 150 over the next 3 years. Detroit is the center of engineering expertise for the automotive industry, so it makes sense for us to have an office here.”
Karma Revero specs:
- electric range: estimated 50 miles/300 miles total (32 miles in the original Fisker Karma)
- 260-horsepower, GM turbo 4 cyl engine (same as the original)
- rear-mounted electric motors are rated at 301 kw (403 hp), with a combined torque of 981 lb-ft (unchanged)
- 21.4 kWh battery (20.4 kWh in the original)
- available DC fast-charging up to ~40 kW
- on-board L2 charger upgraded from 3.3 kW to 6.6 kW
- 0-60 mph in 5.4 seconds (vs 6.4 seconds in the original)
- solar roof
- Karma Automotive Says Next Plug-In Vehicle Won’t Be Atlantic
- LG Chem Produces 6 Million Cells In US For 2016, Enough For Over 30,000 EVs
- Wanxiang Gets Final Approval To Build Karma Revero/Atlantic Plug-In Hybrid In China
- Autonomous Chevrolet Bolts Will Be Produced/Tested In Michigan On Public Roads Within A Few Months