In 2013, Tesla Model S Outsold Mercedes-Benz S-Class, BMW 7 Series, Audi A8, Lexus LS and Porsche Panamera
With 2013 sales data now fully in the books, a class leader has been declared: Tesla Model S.
US sales for the Model S in 2013 checked in at ~ 17,650 units, which puts Tesla’s electric sedan well ahead of its large luxury sedan competitors.
- Mercedes-Benz S-Class: 13,303
- BMW 7 Series: 10,932
- Lexus LS: 10,727
- Audi A8: 6,300
- Porsche Panamera: 5,421
As Forbes states:
“We won’t know precisely how many of the 22,300 Teslas the company delivered wound up in the U.S. until the company’s earnings report in a couple of weeks. But conservatively it outsold the nearest competitor by more than 30%.”
Tesla aims to sell approximately 35,000 Model S sedans in 2014, so it seems accurate to predict that the Model S could again be the US sales champ in this large luxury category when 2014 comes to an end.
- Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Again Delayed In US Until Summer 2017, Another Weak Excuse Given
- Mercedes-Benz To Compete With Tesla In Electric Semi Truck Segment
- 6 Month Review Of The Very First Tesla Energy Powerwall Installation
- Tesla Releases Many High-Resolution Aerial Gigafactory Photos Detailing Progress