GAC Motor Launches Pure Electric GE3 SUV In China – From $22K (USD)
GAC Motor, the fastest growing Chinese car manufacturer, that by 2019 intends to enter U.S. market, has introduced its first all-electric SUV, the GE3 in China.
The GE3 originally debuted at 2017 NAIAS (showing the company’s ambitions for the US market) and is now on sale for 150,200 to 173,200 yuan ($22,200 to 25,600) after subsidies.
(Best we can tell there is 50,000+ yuan of those worth ~$7,400 USD – the GE3 is not yet listed on the company’s website)
GAC Motor states that the range of GE3 is 310 km (a very specific 192.62 miles), however the company forgot to tell us how many kWh the pack is (it looks to be about ~50 kWh judging by the offered peripheral efficiency specs).
The powertrain output is 120 kW and 290 Nm for a reasonable 9.3 seconds run from a standstill to 100 km/h (62 mph).
And there is also fast charging capability – 30 minutes from 0 to 80%.
“Made its international debut at the 2017 North American International Auto Show (NAIAS) in January, GE3 is based on a new EV platform and positioned as a medium- to high-end electric SUV that symbolizes a green lifestyle and new possibilities in future mobility. It wowed the crowd when it was demonstrated at the 2017 Summer Davos, the 11th Annual Meeting of the New Champions, held in Dalian, China.
- A range of 310km (192.62 miles) with electric power only;
- Ternary lithium battery fast charges to 80 percent in 30 minutes;
- Acceleration from 0-100 km (0-60 miles) within 9.3 seconds, braking distance 12.8 meters (42 feet);
- Peak power: 120 KW (163.2 Horsepower), peak torque at 290 Nm (214 ft-lb) ;
- A flat battery layout that sets benchmark in terms of space, comfort, safety and performance;
- General power consumption 16.6 kwh/100km (16.6 kwh/60 miles);
- Featuring smart car companion Little Trumpchi, T-BOX Internet of Vehicles 3.0 and INJOY smart entertainment system;
- An avant-garde low-poly technology modeling design with low polygon front and rear LED lamp assemblies;
- The SUV body meets North American roof compression standards.”
By 2020, GAC Motor hopes to sell 1 million cars annually, and 20% of them (200,000) to be New Energy Vehicles (pure electric or plug-in hybrid).
“The company also applies sustainable and eco-friendly technologies in vehicle production, using only the best quality and eco-friendly materials. GAC Motor plans to open the smart new energy car industrial park in 2019 and establish a new energy subsidiary company to enter an extraordinary new stage of development.”
Yu Jun, president of GAC Motor said:
“Since GAC Motor launched the first hybrid vehicle in 2012, our company has mastered the five core technologies in battery, motor, control unit, electro-mechanical coupling systems and system integration, developing new energy vehicles is a key strategy of GAC Motor. Launching GE3 is a start and we hope to bring products that meet the future trends while guaranteeing unique driving and riding experience,”.
“GAC Motor’s strategic emphasis in the next five years include launching new energy sedan and SUV models in all markets, achieving 400-500km mileage with electric power and fully charge the batteries in under 30 minutes to solve the consumers’ traveling concerns,”