Ford Offers $6,000 Off Focus Electric ($29,170), Leases From $229 Per Month
Not so long ago Ford reduced the MSRP of the Focus Electric by $4,000 – now they are doing the consumer one better by putting more cash on the hood.
$6,000 worth of it.
Unlike the previous MSRP reduction on the Focus EV from $39,200 to $35,200 last July, which was seen mostly as a reaction to the introduction of a $6,400 less expensive LEAF ($28,800) – a program that actually netted Ford less sales in the second half of 2013 (900 vs 839), this move is going to sell more cars.
And unlike previous Ford deals…which could be more than a little complex, this one is simple:
- $6,000 Cash (which brings the effective MSRP down to $29,170)
- 0% financing for 60 months
Ford has also made this new incentive available in an attractive lease package:
- $229/month for 36 months ($2,169 due at signing)
In our opinion this makes the 76 mile Ford Focus Electric (EPA rating) one of the hottest deals out there – and is also sure to end the plug-in Ford’s 11 month streak (sales chart here) of selling 100 & something cars per month. We look for the car to get an actual reduction to the MSRP in the spring.
Hat tip to Alan!
- Tesla: Model X Reservation Holders To Configure Before End Of 2015, Next Wave Soon
- Kia Makes Soul EV Available In Four Additional U.S. States
- BMW Starts Deliveries Of X5 xDrive40e To US, Configurator Now Live (Update)
- Survey: EV Buyers Upgrade For The Tech, 39% Count On Incentives To Buy, Don’t Like Used