Elon Musk: Tesla Model E Prototype to be Revealed in Early 2015 (w/video)
With the Tesla Model S a huge success and the launch of the Model X almost upon us, all talk now is Gen III.
Gen III (aka Tesla Model E) was again the center of discussion when Elon Musk spoke to a gathered crowd in Germany.
Musk revealed a few Model E specifics that had not been discussed previously:
- Model E prototype to be revealed in 12 to 18 months (most like during Q1 of 2015)
- Model E will have at least 300 km of range (186 miles), but probably closer to 320 km or 199 miles
- Model E will have a higher capacity battery option
- Model E will cost approximately half the Model S
Most of the rest of the Model E-specific comments made by Musk are rehashes of what we’ve heard from either him or Tesla before.
The Model E discussion starts at around the 2-minute mark in the video.
- Tesla Model E (3rd Gen) Gets Rendered
- Videos: Elon Musk Discusses Model E – Apple – Battery Cell Costs / Energy Density – Battery Swapping – And More
- Tesla Gen III on Track For 2017 Launch – Electric Truck Not in Development Yet
- Ford Motor Company Joins Tesla in Filing For “Model E” Trademark Rights