Elon Musk Headed To Trump’s Exclusive Tech Summit In New York
President-Elect Donald Trump is having an exclusive tech industry summit in New York this week, and the list of invitees read like a list of “who’s who” in the business. Oh, to be a fly on that wall!
And every time we hear another name Trump is inviting, the next questions are:
- Has the next President of the US already said something disparaging about them (or their companies) during his campaign and/or over his history?
- Once invited, will that executive attend?
- If so, what will they say or talk about?
Now the Wall Street Journal is reporting that Tesla CEO Elon Musk has been invited to Wednesday’s power meeting.
Unlike some of the other major tech companies and invitees who have been under Trump’s fire (like the President-Elect’s threats to boycott Tim Cook’s Apple, or Trump’s calling out of COO Sheryl Sandberg’s Facebook on immigration issues, or Bezos’ Amazon on anti-trust violations), Mr. Musk has escaped any confrontation.
Apparently running a US-based automaker, a US-based space exploration company, and now controlling US-based solar company (cumulatively providing more than 50,000 US jobs) seems to have provided a shield of protection for the Tesla boss…or at least a cloak of invisibility.
Also of note, Musk’s close association with tech-investor Peter Thiel (who was a co-founder with Musk with PayPal), and large supporter of Trump’s campaign doesn’t hurt to keep the Tesla CEO in good graces with the next President.
…well, that and Thiel is also on Donald Trump’s transition team and is helping to organize the meeting.
According to ‘people familiar’, the Tesla boss has RSVP’d the meeting, and will be in attendance.
Musk is expected to be joined by Apple CEOe Tim Cook, Facebook’s COO Sheryl Sandberg, Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella, Google’s Larry Page and Eric Schmidt, Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos, Intel CEO Brian Krzanich, Oracle co-CEO Safra Catz, as well has the CEO from Cisco Chuck Robbins.
One could only imagine how this eclectic group of billionaire frenemies will conduct themselves with President-Elect Trump behind closed doors.
- Unsold Chevrolet Bolts Now Arriving In Volume In California
- Tesla Racing Channel’s Model S P100D Ludicrous +: 0 To 60 In 2.38 Seconds, Beats Faraday Future FF 91 – Video
- Tesla To Remove Launch Mode Power Restrictions
- Tesla Gigafactory Adds Electric Motor Production For Model 3 With New $350 Million Investment