Chevy Volt Silences Gas Pumps For 8 Hours in California Where 20,000-Plus Volts Have Been Sold
The powers of the Chevy Volt extend far beyond your imagination.
Did you know that the Chevy Volt is capable of muting gas pumps?
According to General Motors, Chevy Volt owners in California (that’s where 40% of Volt owners reside) have clocked more than 130 million electric miles, thus avoiding the need for 7 million gallons of gas.
Pumping all that gas would’ve taken some 8 hours, so that’s where GM gets its “8 hours of muted gas pumps statewide” statement from.
Of note: If 40% of the US Chevy Volt owners live in California, then we can conclude that there are just over 20,000 Volt owners in the state (40% of the 50,240 Volts sold nationwide as of the end of October = 20,096).
GM’s press release adds these highlights to the discussion:
- In total, Volt owners have driven more than 500 million miles with more than 320 million of those on grid electricity. Total savings: Almost 17 million gallons of gas.
- Volt owners remain the most satisfied of any in the industry with the typical Volt owner averaging approximately 900 miles between gasoline fill ups to power the Volt’s on-board electric generator.
- As Volt’s reputation has spread, more than seven in 10 buyers have come from other makes and are new to the Chevrolet family. Not surprisingly, the Toyota Prius is the most frequent trade-in for a Volt.
- Did You Influence Development Of The 2016 Chevrolet Volt? Some Volt Owners Did
- 2016 Chevrolet Volt Presented By Bowman Chevrolet – Video
- The Fast Lane Car Presents “Almost Everything You Ever Wanted To Know” About 2016 Chevrolet Volt – Video
- Next-Gen 2016 Chevrolet Volt At Global Green USA Pre-Oscar Event