BMW i8 Gets EPA Rating: 15 Miles Electric Range , 76 MPGe, 28 MPG
The EPA has released the official figures for the $135,700 BMW i8:
- Electric (+ a wee bit of gas) range: 15 Miles
- MPGe: 76
- MPG combined (gas only): 28
Honestly, we’re not surprised by any of these figures, but we will say that BMW had long claimed an MPGe rating of 94 and insisted the i8 was capable of 22 miles of electric-only range. Euro-NEDC rules do apply to the electric range estimate though.
The first U.S. BMW i8 (a one-of-a-kind) will be auctioned off on Saturday August 16 at the Concours d’Elegance in Pebble Beach.
- Chevrolet Volt Sales Stay Strong In November, Up 50% From Year Ago
- Nissan LEAF Sales Slump To Lows In November For US, Just As New Help Finally Arrives
- All-Electric Outlander Sport Among Three Electrified SUVs Mitsubishi Will Launch In U.S.
- 2017 BMW i3 To Get 94 Ah Samsung Cells & 125-Mile EPA Range Rating?