BMW i3 Sales Exceeded 2,000 Units In Q1 2014
In BMW’s Q1 2014 report, we discovered a line on BMW i3 sales: 2,022
That’s the worldwide sales figure for Q1 2014 for the BMW i3.
Worldwide doesn’t include the US, since the i3 was not sold in the States in Q1 2014. Furthermore, Q1 sales of the i3 were limited solely to Europe.
So, that 2,022-unit figure is for European BMW i3 sales from January 1, 2014 through March 31, 2014.
Additionally, BMW reports that in March alone, i3 sales nearly hit 1,000 units. That’s a remarkable figure for a vehicle that was only offered in Europe and is still in the production ramp-up phase.
To put that 2,022-unit figure into perspective, the world’s #1 selling electric vehicle, the Nissan LEAF, sold 3,730 units in Q1 2014 in Europe.
Here’s a look at the Top 5 plug-in vehicles, based on Q1 2014 sales results in Europe:
- Nissan LEAF – 3,730
- Tesla Model S – 3,063
- Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV – 2,159
- BMW i3 – 2,022
- Volvo V60 PHEV – 1,620
Props to BMW for selling the i3 at such a high volume so quickly from the start of production. Being in the Top 5 in Europe in sales and fighting against the established plug-in vehicles at this early stage is a major achievement for the German automaker.
- Driverless Rinspeed Budii Based On BMW i3 To Debut At Geneva Motor Show – (w/video)
- BMW i3 Driving to Net Zero Energy – Powered By Sunshine – Month 9 Update
- BMW’s U.S. Dealership Chairman Comments On i3, i8
- U.S. BMW i3 REx Actually Has 2.4 Gallon Gas Tank, But Clever Software Limits Fueling To 1.9 Gallons