Audi Opens Reservations For 310 Mile E-Tron Quattro, Arrives 2018
We have to say, it’s hard to believe this day has come!
After enduring what seems like an endless lineup of long range, concept EVs from the VW Group over the past decade; and also some excruciating long press releases to go with them. Audi has announced they are opening customer reservations on the all-electric e-tron quattro (a vehicle for which we really, really want to capitalize some letters for).
Starting with Audi Norway this Monday morning (April 24th, 2017), those who want to be first in line for the AWD, 500km+ (311 mile) SUV, can put down a 20,000 kroner (~$2,900 USD) reservation.
“Simultaneously with the unveiling of the electric Audi e-tron Sportback concept, Audi Norway plans for an advance reservation solution for the electric full-size SUV Audi e-tron quattro. The car is ready for production next year and the Norwegian market is first out with such reservation solution.”
And for those interested, don’t think that ~500 km range is some kinda of uber-optimistic NEDC number, as the e-tron quattro comes equipped with a large 95 kWh battery, 450ish km (280 miles) of real world seems achievable.
We still have yet to see the production-intent final design of the e-tron quattro, but it is dimensionally sized between the Audi Q5 and Audi Q7. Audi notes the concept gives a “clear indication” of the final delivered product.
Audi has also release some additional performance specs on the e-tron quattro concept, saying it has a power output of 320 kw/435 hp, but also has a “boost function” that pops the output to 370 kW/503 hp, and torque to over 800 Nm for a short time. The result being 0-100 km (0-62 mph) runs of 4.6 seconds.
What we know about the Audi e-tron SUV so far:
- all-electric sporty SUV
- long range (more than 500 km / 310 miles) on 95 kWh battery
- CCS fast charging with some 150 kW power
- peak power of 370 kW/503 hp
- 0-62 mph (100 km/h) in 4.6 seconds
- AWD with three electric motors (two for rear wheels and one for front axle)
- top speed (electronically limited): 210 km/h (121 mph)
- concept is a clear indication of the final production version
- production in Brussels, Belgium from 2018
- 4.88 meters long, 1.93 meters wide and 1.54 meters high
- luggage area of 615 liters
- battery suppliers LG Chem and/or Samsung SDI
Full Audi e-tron quattro concept gallery below.
Also of interest, Audi debuted the E-Tron Sportback (details, specs, gallery here) last week, a vehicle that is planned for production in 2019.
Audi e-tron quattro gallery:
Hat tip to Alexander Z!