2018 Jaguar i-Pace With 220+ Mile Range From LA Auto Show – Live Report/Gallery
Jaguar surprised us this year at the Los Angeles Auto Show, showing of its 99% ready for production i-Pace Concept EV.
The flashy all-electric Jag has a 90 kWh battery – supplied by uber-battery maker LG Chem, and an estimated range of over 220 miles (of which we think Jaguar is being more than conservative given the performance “SUV’s” .29 Cd).
The all wheel drive EV will be built by Magna-Steyr built (in Austria) and puts out 400 hp and 516 lb-ft of torque.
Best news of all? The i-Pace will go sale for the second half of 2018 – so in under 2 years time.
Some Quick Specs of Interest:
- 0-60 mph in ~4 seconds
- 23-inch wheels
- drag coefficient of 0.29
- liquid-cooled 90 kWh battery with cells via LG Chem
- at least 50 kW DC fast charging (as stated in PR: fill timing via a 50 kW charge) – CCS Combo
- class-leading regen – up to 150 kW
- all wheel drive, 5 seats
- length: 184 inches, width: 74.4
No pricing was given for the i-Pace, Jaguar says we will see 100% production-intent version in the Spring, and we should get a better idea then. However, from the show it seems to be frquently compared to the Model X, which (for what it is worth) starts just over $88,000.
More details (lots of them) can be found here, but we figured we would pass along all of our in-person shots of the handsome Jaguar from the LA autoshow’s press days as well.
In this case, the real thing actually does live up to the hype…it even has Tesla-like automated door handles.
- Jaguar On Track For Early 2018 Launch Of I-Pace Electric Crossover – Will Beat Rivals To Market
- Jaguar I-Pace Designer: Electric Cars “Will Eventually Replace The Combustion Engine”
- Video Recap Of The MINI Cooper S E Countryman ALL4 Global Debut From The LA Auto Show
- Jaguar Turns To Magna Steyr To Build Upcoming I-Pace Electric SUV